Friday 8 April 2022

#napowrimo2022 #day8 #shortismysuperpower


Short is my superpower

My students dubbed me
SMOL (small and adorable),
short is my superpower.

Don’t call on me for painting ceilings,
but skirting boards, I’m your gal,
no back-breaking but a great bum shuffle.

When I am the grateful recipient of a lift
I require no seat adjustment,
look I have acres of room.

At concerts I am pushed to the front,
hold my hand I’ll take you with me,
dodge and weave, thank you, thank you.

Paying adult prices for adult shoes?
I don’t think so and by happy chance,
I love unicorns, rainbows, and butterflies.

Should we get intimate, close, and cosy,
you bet I make a great little spoon,
I warn you now though I snore, and hog covers.

It’s often been said, great things come
in small packages (like arsenic)  
I will always lend a hand with irksome issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment