Thursday 6 April 2023

#napowrimo2023 #day6 #fakerthatflees


#napowrimo2023
#day6
#fakerthatflees 
#unkownlanguage
#poetryinternational 

 

Faker that flees

I’ve always been cute,
seedier, badly formed man, mansplaining, fluid
coalesced tendrils, faker that flees.
It’s in our nature, that zygote, mars lives, no he’s struck,
open handed twitch, midday all is dark, begin night.

I’ve been my own gestalt,
we die galvanised, die verses, molested
green bucks die, high on gas, minds broken.
Always they break, its under done.
Damn let minds hoof, this verbiage, never venereal and order the gin.

Today’s prompt involved choosing a poem from Poetry International in a language you don’t know then reading the poem to yourself, thinking about the sound and shape of the words, and the degree to which they remind you of words in your own language. Use those correspondences as the basis for a new poem. I chose "Only I have a cunt" by Sasja Janssen.

Ik alleen heb een kutje
als zeewier in bad of om een man gespannen huid
koele tegels, vaker dat vlees
er is dat nauwe, dat zoete, maar liever niet het stuwen
op een harde tl-middag als ik daar ben en jij niet. 

Ik ben mijn geslacht
weg die kalverpoten die verleiden moesten
geen buik die hijgen gaat, mijn borsten
als ja mijn borsten iets anders doen
dan legt mijn hoofd zich erbij neer van een heel andere orde te zijn.

Here is the English translation by Michele Hutchison.

Only I have a cunt

like seaweed in a bath or skin stretched around a man
cold tiles, more often, that meat
there’s that tight one, that sweet one but not pushing towards
a hard strip-lit afternoon if I am there and you are not. 

I am my sex
away with those calf’s legs meant to seduce
no belly that will heave, my breasts
if yes my breasts do something else
then my mind will settle on being something of quite a different category.


No comments:

Post a Comment