Monday 3 April 2023

#napowrim2023 #day03 #theapple

#napowrim2023
#day03
#theapple
#wendycope
#uslibraryofcongressarchives

The Apple

At teatime I sold a small apple –
The size of it made us all cry.
I wrapped it and hoarded it from Robert and Dave
The got no quarters and I had no whole.

And that apple, it made me so miserable,
As exceptional things rarely do not
In the past. The selling. A drive in the city.
This is war and discontent. It is old.

The rest of the day was quite challenging.
I did all of my slacking by rote
I despised them and had no time under
I hate you. I’m sorry I disappeared.

The prompt Find a shortish poem that you like, and rewrite each line, replacing each word (or as many words as you can) with words that mean the opposite. I chose Wendy Cope's The Orange.



No comments:

Post a Comment