Tuesday 17 April 2018

Napowrimo 2018 / Day 18 - Symphony of the Spheres

Napowrimo 2018 / Day 18

Prompt - Write a poem by finding a poem you're unfamiliar with. Starting with the final line uncover the poem a line at a time, write a response.

Symphony of the Spheres

The stars boil over
and fall. If you catch one you
can make a wish. If!
Is the crux we're all chasing
our own star, crashing, dropping.

The Milky Way over
flows. Too much stress, heat, stirring.
The cauldron boils over
No-one shouted - 'stop little
pot stop". Magic words not used.

At the apex of
night. We waited for sleep to
release the worries
of day. To sink into the
possibilities of dreams.

Of someone handsome.
Though handsome is as
handsome does actions
are far more important than
ornamentation, usually.

I listen to songs.
I know that I am a note.
In a beautiful
symphony. Never dull or
discordant, I ring out true.

My poem for inspiration.

Person of the Playful Star: Tanka [I listen to songs]

Tada Chimako

I listen to songs
of someone handsome
at the apex of night
the Milky Way overflows
the stars boil over and fall

No comments:

Post a Comment