Saturday 7 April 2018

Napowrimo 2018 / Day 7 - Authentic Epileptic Priestess

Napowrimo 2018 / Day 7 -  Authentic Epileptic Priestess
Prompt create a list of your identities, decide if they make you feel powerful or vulnerable then right a poem where identities contends identity from the second list.


An Epileptic


Call me that and you’ll rue your word choice
I *am* a person with epilepsy
An a selection of other brain cooties
I get paranoid at the fragrant smell of citrus
When it’s too hot, too bright or
I’m too stressed, too hungry or
I’m just brewing a bug
Any of those could signal
Curtains down and I’m afraid no refunds can be offered
We decided long ago 

Horizontal break dancing was too 
Avant Guard For Folkestone
 A Priestess


No robes, just a parker, jeans and welly boots
Tramping or bimbling over the land
Holding spaces online and off
Winking as I watch the wheel turn
Grumbling at Pagan Maybe Time
Pockets of stones, stray leaves and drift wood
Dancing barefoot with Pan playing the Maenad
Before rushing off to the office
We don’t pay priestesses, so a girl needs a day job
To keep her incense and occasional shiny things
Brushing off bullshit of the how a path should be walked
Just forging my own authentic trail



1 comment:

  1. I thought your usage of 'horizontal break dancing' was an apt description.

    I loved end. We need to forge our own trail.

    http://namysaysso.com/blog/grand-tales-atoz2018/

    ReplyDelete