Sunday 23 April 2023

#napowrimo2023 #day23 #whistlejoni


 #napowrimo2023 #day23 #whistlejoni

Whistle Joni 

1.

You scrubbed my floors,
supervised youths
painting my walls,
muralising themselves
into my structures,
We knew it was temporary,
but my replacement,
wounds you, makes you
whistle Joni Mitchell.

2.

You sat across from me,
chain smoking Mayfair lights,
we both knew a lot about
crucifixion, but we don’t
all need to be martyrs.
You wouldn’t leave,
on your own accord, but
one liberty too many, 
felt staying was consent.

3.

World fell away when
you scurried down
my banks.  The thumping of
the urban heart drowned
out by the ripples and gurgles
of my gentle pumping veins.
I hid you with my willows,
Been your anchor
image ever since.


4.

My curve has lured
you back.  I miss the teens,
you used to police, 
being cheaper than
security.  I bare witness
to the “old” young people
who missed you too.
I hear you’re plotting 
murals again.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment